Sunday, July 25, 2010

True Blessings....Soulmates

Soulmate is defined as: one of two persons compatible with each other in disposition, point of view, or sensitivity. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul – which is thought to be the ultimate soulmate, the one and only other half of one's soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join.
One story about soulmates, presented by Aristophanes in Plato's Symposium, is that humans originally consisted of four arms, four legs, and a single head made of two faces, but Zeus feared their power and split them all in half, condemning them to spend their lives searching for the other half to complete them.

I'm not sure how true the mythological version the story of soulmates is, but it's an interesting concept. I don't know if I ever really believed in the idea of soul mates, maybe because I had never met anyone that came close to that for me. However, I met someone recently that makes me think a little harder about the possibility that there is another person out there cut from the same theoretical cloth as you. I haven't known him very long in actuality, but it feels as if I've known him forever. It's strange how alike we are in so many ways. I've never met anyone else like him, or so much like me I guess. I'm interested to see how things work out for us. But I know that even if we don't work out, I'm blessed to have him in my life for however long he chooses to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment