Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Innocence

Ok, so I've definitely been neglecting my blog again. Sorry, life just gets away from me sometimes. Anyway, I've been toying a lot with the idea of innocence and at what point in life we actually lose our innocence. Because you know as a littld kid you believe everyone can do no wrong and that your going to live in a house made of gummi bears someday and well, you know, all of those silly things little kids still believe are possible. But at what point do we cross over from believing the best in everyone, to believing the worst?
For me I think the 15th year of my existence is the year that I lost my innocence. Both in literal ways and metaphorical ways. It's the year my entire life changed, and for the most part, not for the better. That's the year I learned that Disney movies were misleading and there is no such thing as happily ever after. It's the year that my all american family fell apart and I knew things were never going to be the same.
Well, I knew from then on things were different. Even though my parents tried to work things out, it just all seemed fake in my eyes. I no longer believed in love or had any faith left in the institution of marriage. Well, this past year everything finally fell apart for good. And sometime soon my parents will finally be legally divorced.
Now, I hate the things that have happened, and I wish things could have happened differently. However, I look at my mom these days and I realize she is happier now than she has been in a very long time. And so am I.
So even though that was a rough year for me, and this past year has been even more rough, I realize that everything really does happen for a reason. Although, I do believe that Disney movies suck for filling young girls heads with unattainable ideas of love and "happily ever after".

1 comment:

  1. 1. I love your new profile pic - so beautiful, you are!

    2. I'm going to laugh my head off at you someday when you're living out your happily ever after ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete